Have you ever seen a jacket, bag, or pair of shoes and loved the design of the zipper pulls, but wished they were in a different color or pattern? Or maybe you’re looking for a way to add a personal touch to a gift. Whatever the case may be, making your own custom zipper pulls is a fun and easy process that anyone can do! All you need are a few materials and some creativity. Let’s get started.
What You Need
The supplies you’ll need to make your custom zipper pulls are probably already sitting in your craft drawer or around your house. For this project, you will need:
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Lighter or candle (optional)
- Key ring or split ring (found at most hardware stores)
- Beads (Any kind will work, but try to avoid beads with sharp edges that might snag on the fabric.)
- Wire (I like to use 26 gauge jewelry wire, but any thin wire will work.)
- Cut a length of wire about 6 inches long. If you’re using key rings or split rings, you’ll want to add an extra inch to accommodate those.
- Thread your beads onto the wire. Again, there is no wrong way to do this! Get creative and have fun with it.
- If you’re using key rings or split rings, attach those now.
- Use your lighter or candle to carefully heat the ends of the wire until they’re soft enough to bend. This step is optional, but it will help keep your beads from falling off of the wire.
- Once the ends of the wire are cooled, use your fingers to curl them inward so they’re flush against the last bead. And that’s it! You’ve now made your very own custom zipper pull! Repeat these steps as many times as you like until you have enough pulls for all of your belongings—or for all of your gifts!
Importance Of Custom Zipper Pulls
Custom zipper pulls are an often overlooked but essential accessory for fashionable clothing. Not only do they provide a great way to personalize items like jackets and bags, but they can also be practical, providing added grip when it’s needed. Custom zipper pulls come in a variety of shapes and sizes to match the overall style of an item.
You can opt for something classic such as leather or metal or go bolder with bright colors and edgy designs that stand out. Additionally, custom zipper pulls may act as spare zippers in case your original breaks down or is lost, making sure you don’t have to buy a whole new item just to replace it. Whether it be for aesthetic purposes or practicality, custom zipper pulls bring great value to garments and accessories alike. With the help of these small details you can ensure that your wardrobe always looks fresh, fashionable, and functional!
Making custom zipper pulls is a fun and easy way to add personality to any bag, jacket, or pair of shoes. With just a few materials and some creativity, anyone can make their own personalized zipper pulls in no time! So get out there and start crafting! Your friends and family will be impressed by your handy work—and may even start asking you to make some for them too!